Gogebic Community College offers online student access through an online student portal called My GCC. My GCC allows students and alumni to perform many functions at any time and from anywhere by using a standard Web browser. You can obtain selected information from your records and can register for courses at your own initiative and convenience.
Following is a list of functions you can perform as a student:
- Register for (add) courses -
- Drop courses -
- Receive a list of your courses after making registration changes -
- Search for courses meeting certain criteria you specify -
- View a complete course-offering list -
- Change your address and other personal information via e-mail -
- View your unofficial transcript and course history -
- View Financial Aid document tracking and awards -
- View your student account statement and make online payments -
- Calculate your GPA and the grade requirements needed for achieving a GPA -
- Apply on-line for Admission -
- View advising information and course needs for graduation -
- View important dates on campus -
- Apply on-line for campus housing and obtain residence life announcements -
- Develop your own customized page -
- Use helpful links to other sites
Begin by meeting with your academic advisor. Your advisor will activate your access to the registration screens. Next go to the GCC Home Page at http://www.gogebic.edu
and click on the “My GCC
” link in the Student Resources section on the top right hand section of the page, and you will move to the MyGCC
Home Page. You may want to add this page to your “favorites” for quick future access.
Key in your Student ID number as your Username and your My GCC password (formerly known as your GCC-ICS password) from your green card. Passwords are CASE SENSITIVE.
After successful login, click the STUDENTS tab and choose the Registration button on the left side menu.
Click on Course Search Check to make sure you are in the correct term. Change the term if needed using the drop box. Use the various search options to find the course in which you wish to enroll. If you just click Search, all of the courses for the term will be listed. If you choose a Course Code, such as BIO, then all of the Biology Courses will be listed. The more search criteria you use, the more your search will be narrowed to match the course you are seeking.
Once you find the course you want, click on the Add box on the left of the course, and also click the Add Courses button at the bottom of the page. This will return you to a schedule of the courses you have selected.
Remember: If you are taking a course with a laboratory, be sure to register for BOTH a lecture section and a lab section of the course.
- Review your schedule. If the schedule appears as you want it, move on to the next step.
- If you want to add additional courses, return to Course Search and choose additional courses.
- If you wish to remove a course, click the drop box located next to that course on your schedule. You may withdraw from all but the last listed course using the My GCC system. Should you wish to totally withdraw, you will need to contact the Dean of Students Office.
- Once your schedule is complete, click the Print Friendly button at the top of the page and print a copy for yourself. Your registration is then complete.
- A statement of Charges will be mailed to you and is also visible on the Financial Aid and Student Account Information menu item.
Please feel free to explore all of the areas available to you through your login.
We welcome your comments and suggestions as you use this new service and thank you for you patience as we expand this tool for your use. Please address comments to the Dean of Students at E4946 Jackson Road, Ironwood, MI49938 or through e-mail at: StudentServices@gogebic.edu